A clogged dryer vent not only points towards the inefficiency of your appliance but it also poses a serious risk in the form of potential fires! Yes, dryer vent cleaning is important because if it is overlooked, it becomes a fire hazard that puts all of your household members as well as the house at risk. What’s really eye-opening is that 98% of the dryer vent is a concealed area so if a fire were to start, it may not be noticed on time.
Once the lint begins to build up, it keeps on doing so behind the original spot and this results in a lint clog. So, when the dryer vent is not properly cleaned, this accumulation of lint can also retain moisture through continued use of the dryer. This wet lint tends to leak out moisture through a dryer vent pipe connection, causing mold and rot inside the wall.
A Deeper Look into the Importance of Cleaning Dryer Vents:
- Your energy bills are higher when your dryer is unclean as it requires more power to function. So, get it cleaned and save money!
- As discussed above, it is a fire hazard if left unclean. According to an estimate, every year, there are 15,000 dryer vent fires causing an estimated 15 deaths, 400 injuries and $99 million in property loss
- It wastes your precious time as an unclean dryer requires several cycles to get the job done right
- The buildup of lint tends to cause a dramatic rise in the temperature of the dryer and lessens the lifespan of your appliance
Dryer Vent Warning Signs:
You’ll know that your dryer needs to be cleaned if you experience these signs:
- Inexplicable increase in energy bills
- Clothes tend to smell “musty” after being in the dryer
- Takes multiple cycles to dry
- The dryer is hot to touch
- Condensation appears on laundry room windows
- Dust and/or lint builds up on the exhaust fan in the utility room
Here’s Where Dryer Vent Cleaning Bothell Comes In:
Dryer Vent Cleaning Bothell WA, is the best there is in Bothell as we offer highly trained technicians and advanced technological equipment to get the job done with finesse. What we’ll do is:
- We remove and clean lint trap and take the measurement of airflow using an air flow meter at the exterior dryer vent
- Topically clean the back of the dryer, as this is where lint can accumulate
- Inspect the dryer vent and flexible ducting from the wall using a video inspection system
- Vacuum system is connected to the dryer vent duct and the dryer duct auger is run through the duct to remove any blockages
- Airflow is measured a second time to gauge improvement before and after cleaning